It is a point of law that notice must be given to neighbours concerning any work notifiable under the Party Wall etc. Act.

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996 is an important piece of legislation, and must be given consideration alongside other building regulations during the planning stages of your building work.

If you are planning any major structural alterations or extensions, you may, under the Party Wall etc. Act 1996, be obliged by law to give notice to your neighbours of the notifiable works.

Your neighbours are within their rights to appoint their own Party Wall Surveyor to protect their interests, however an Agreed Surveyor can be appointed to act impartially on behalf of both parties.

Delamere Nicolet Chartered Surveyors provide thorough Party Wall services for both building owners and adjoining neighbours. We can agree the condition of the neighbouring property before work begins and prepare an Award that details the works due to take place, along with any remedial actions required if damage is inadvertently caused during the project.